- COMEDY | JETHRO: THE COUNT OF CORNWALL | WEDNESDAY 19 & THURSDAY 20 SEPTEMBER - Not for the faint-hearted, the bawdy legend visits Lyme on his new tour ~ Sold out An ex-miner and carpenter, Jethro is famous for his proud heritage as Cornwall’s best-loved comic. His career has been a long one of over 40 years, first appearing on television in 1990 on the Des O’Connor show, with other […]
- MUSIC | INVISIBLE MUSIC | FRIDAY 21 SEPTEMBER - Bellowhead musician Pete Flood presents a music and theatre show about hearing loss Bellowhead was one of the most popular folk bands, famously playing at Hyde Park for Radio 2 in 2014. Following its end, Pete Flood – the arranger and percussionist – created a 5- piece band with Platform 4 theatre company. This is […]
- SCREENING | NATIONAL THEATRE LIVE: KING LEAR | THURSDAY 27 SEPTEMBER - Broadcast live from London’s West End, see Ian McKellen’s ‘extraordinarily moving portrayal’ (Independent) of King Lear at the Marine. Chichester Festival Theatre’s production received five-star reviews for its sell-out run, and transfers to the West End for a limited season. Jonathan Munby directs this ‘nuanced and powerful’ (The Times) contemporary retelling of Shakespeare’s tender, violent, […]
- MUSIC | JAMES & BLACK | SUNDAY 30 SEPTEMBER - Ffar Cotton Promotions presents the blues and soul duo that has worked alongside Gregory Porter and ZZ Top Bruce James and Bella Black joined forces in Austin, Texas in 2011 and have been spreading their special blues and soul since. Their music springs from the tradition of the Southern Soul from Texas, New Orleans and […]
- MUSIC | BLAIR DUNLOP | THURSDAY 4 OCTOBER - The young folk singer performs at the Marine as part of his new UK album tour for Notes from an Island Following the release of his critically acclaimed 4th album ‘Notes From An Island’, award winning British guitarist, singer and songwriter Blair Dunlop plays a show at the Marine this autumn as part of a […]
- MUSIC | TOM ROBINSON | FRIDAY 5 OCTOBER - The 70s singer, 6Music DJ, and activist plays the classic album Power In The Darkness, alongside other hits. Born in Cambridge in 1950, Tom Robinson first became known in the late 1970s as a musician and LGBT activist with the Tom Robinson Band (TRB) who were early supporters of Rock Against Racism and Amnesty International. […]
Right on the seafront in beautiful Lyme Regis, where you can see bands, films, comedians, plays, and community-led events – or just admire the view.
Download our programme here: Marine Theatre July to September 2018