- MARINE YOUNG COMPANY | MONDAY 23 APRIL – MONDAY 9 JULY - JOIN THE MARINE YOUNG COMPANY AND EXPLORE YOUR CREATIVITY Marine Theatre, in partnership with Exeter Northcott Theatre, is offering a regular opportunity for 40 talented young people to make thought provoking theatre together in a professional setting. Previous experience of acting is not required, but desire and commitment are compulsory. The sessions will be […]
- THEATRE | FRANKENSTEIN | TUESDAY 22 MAY - Mary Shelley’s masterpiece is re-imagined to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the novel’s publication. Angel rising… Slowly, painfully, out of the fusion of rabid light and impenetrable darkness, Angel emerges, alien and alienated. Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein translated in a free form modern interpretation to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the novel’s publication. The new play embraces the […]
- MUSIC: Georgie Fame | Thursday 24 May | Sold out - The jazz and rhythm and blues star opens the Jazz Jurassica Festival in a special concert One of a very select number of UK tour dates, Georgie Fame appears in the intimate setting of Marine Theatre. With a blend of jazz and R&B, Georgie Fame has consistently worked in the highest musical circles and […]
- MUSIC | FLISS GORST BAND | FRIDAY 25 MAY - An evening of good-time sophistication, with swinging originals and dance classics. This a London based band who perform authentic swing, original tunes, and new takes on old classics. The 6 piece band is led by saxophonist Fliss Gorst and consist of a stellar line up of London’s finest musicians. Canadian guest vocalist Lauren Bush appears […]
- MUSIC | JAMES TAYLOR QUARTET | SATURDAY 26 MAY - Acid Jazz legend plays in Lyme For a quarter of a century, the James Taylor Quartet have set the standard for the coolest sounds in funky acid jazz. On dozens of mighty albums and at their legendary gigs at home and around the world, they’ve quietly become a byword for distinguished British creativity. The […]
- MUSIC | JAZZ BABYLON | SUNDAY 27 MAY - This nine-piece mini orchestra brings the infectious rhythms of the Caribbean to an energetic live performance fusing ska, reggae, and jazz. Taking inspiration from the highly acclaimed Jazz Jamaica, Jazz Babylon marry reggae riffs to classic and contemporary jazz with a full rhythm section, saxophones, flute, trumpet, brass, and a female vocalist. […]
Right on the seafront in beautiful Lyme Regis, where you can see bands, films, comedians, plays, and community-led events – or just admire the view.
Download our programme here: Marine Theatre April to June