Coming up at the Marine
- MARINE YOUNG COMPANY | MONDAY 23 APRIL – MONDAY 9 JULY - JOIN THE MARINE YOUNG COMPANY AND EXPLORE YOUR CREATIVITY Marine Theatre, in partnership with Exeter Northcott Theatre, is offering a regular opportunity for 40 talented young people to make thought provoking theatre together in a professional setting. Previous experience of acting is not required, but desire and commitment are compulsory. The sessions will be […]
- COMEDY | LYME REGIS COMEDY CLUB WITH JAMES REDMOND|FRIDAY 27 APRIL - James Redmond headlines a raucous night of four comedians for a bargain ticket price. Redmond is a dry, slick and subtle stand up who delivers unexpected twists and turns during his set as he deconstructs his art. He made his name as a model and actor and is best known for roles in ‘Hollyoaks’, ‘Casualty’, […]
- TALK: Henry Blofeld, 78 Retired | Saturday 28 April | Sold out - Henry Blofeld has hung up his microphone after 50 years commentating on international cricket. The cherished golden voice of cricket has decided to celebrate by touring the country with his brand-new show, jam-packed full of unheard anecdotes from on and off the pitch, as well as stories from the TMS box not allowed on […]
- MUSIC | JAZZ IN THE BAR WITH JULIE DUNN | SUNDAY 29 APRIL - Revisit Ella Fitzgerald classics in our bar overlooking the Cobb Vocalist Julie Dunn has released three albums, playing alongside Johnny Dankworth’s son Alec. She sings a variety of well loved jazz tunes, influenced by the great jazz singers such as Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan, as well as some of her own compositions. She will […]
- TALK: Underwater Sound in Blue Planet II | Thursday 3 May - A talk by a sound recording expert from Blue Planet II with audio and visual clips, followed by audience questions. Intrepid Explorers, an organisation which shares stories of field research, is bringing Blue Planet II to Dorset through a special talk at the Marine in Lyme Regis. Professor Steve Simpson will share his experience as […]
- MUSIC: Tankus the Henge | Friday 4 May - This is an upbeat festival band that thrills audiences at all of Europe’s biggest shindigs, including Glastonbury, WOMAD, and Montreux Jazz Festival. Most people remember Tankus the Henge for its wild showmanship; frontman Jaz Delorean occupies the stage with jagger-esque aplomb, leaping from on top of a smoking piano and launching into the audience like […]
Marine May Day | Sunday May 6
On May Day Bank Holiday weekend, come for a country knees-up with ceilidh band Red Shed. They are playing all night long, with dancing from Uplyme Morris.
Join us at the Marine as welcome Red Shed back to Lyme Regis; the band has played at the Marine at our New Year parties.
Red Shed is a six-piece barn-dance band with caller playing high energy traditional English and Irish dance tunes. The Devon-base band has a special twist ~ a solid back-line of bass, drums, and electric guitar combine with fiddle, sax, and whistle. This creates a unique combination of 18th-century influences with a 21st-century edge.
As well as playing for weddings and parties, Red Shed has played at some of the best folk music event across the country – Sidmouth, Cornwall and Wimborne Folk Festivals; Guernsey Arts Festival and Cecil Sharpe House in London. A folky institution, the band has been together for 25 years, even playing as far afield as Yaroslavl in Russia.
The finest Morris Dancers in all of Uplyme, Uplyme Morris, will also be dancing.
£6 adv, £5 adv for Theatre Friends, £8 door
Bar opens 6:30 P.M., starts 7:30 P.M.
Tickets are available online above or from Lyme Regis and Bridport Tourist Information centres and over the phone on 01297 442138
Booking Fee may apply
Download our programme here, which includes Lyme Regis Children’s Week events: Marine Theatre April to June
Right on the seafront in beautiful Lyme Regis, where you can see bands, films, comedians, plays, and community-led events – or just admire the view.
We are also available to hire as a wedding venue, or for other events.
The theatre office is open Monday to Friday 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
The Marine Theatre bar and box office open an hour before each show starts.
You can buy tickets for our shows at anytime online (go to our What’s On page), or from the Lyme Regis and Bridport Tourist Information Centres, or over the phone on 01297 442138
Contact us to find out more.