If you hold your own public facing gigs, the Marine is a great venue with various adaptable spaces. Several outside organisations hire our venue for gigs and festivals – Ammonite film, Lyme Folk Weekend, Jazz Jurassica, and Lyme Regis Fossil Festival are some recent examples.
There is a main auditorium, two bars, two dressing rooms, and some outside space.
Access to venue by a side road: ‘Long Entry’.
*Full details in map Appendix 1.
Entry is down seven steps at the rear of the venue.
Outer double door entry.
Entry to the stage is by a single inner door entry.
2 Dressing rooms Stage Left. One with a toilet.
Access to the main Auditorium through doors SR & SL.
FRONT OF HOUSE
Main Sound System
- 1x Yamaha LS9-16 desk c/w stage box
- 2x d&b Q7 speakers
- 4x d&b Q-SUB speakers
- 2x d&b E12D speakers
- 1x d&b D12 amplifier
- 1x d&b D6 amplifier
- 2x d&b EPAC amplifiers
Secondary Sound System
- Mixing Desk: Yamaha MG116CX. 16 (MG166CX/MG166C: 10) mic/line
- Inputs or up to four stereo inputs.’ On Board Effects. 4 Aux sends, headphone output.
- Stage Box: A total of 15 balanced XLR tie lines to downstage right truss base.
- Amplifier Electrovision ELV250. 250 watt – 2 channel.
- Speaker: 2 – 400w Peavy speakers, Wall Mounted approximately 1.5 metres in front of forestage edge).
- 5 x SM58s
- 1 x PGA58
- 1 x Sanyo MP303
- 1 – Sub zero SZW – 50 System (1 Lapel Mikes, 2 Head Mikes)
- 1 x Shure BLX4 – K3E System with SM58 Radio Microphone
- 2 x WBP 20 UHF Base Stations
- 1 x WBP Lapel Mike
- 1 x JB Wmic – 10 Radio Microphone
GENERAL SOUND EQUIPMENT
- 12 – 10 mtr 3 Pin XLR
- 3 – 5 mtr 3 Pin XLR
- 2 – 1 mtr short connectors 3 Pin XLR
- 4 – Female to Female XLR Connectors
- 3 – K&M Boom Microphone Stands
- 1 – K&M One hand clutch Microphone stand
- 1 – K&M Upright Microphone Stand
- 5 – DI Boxes (4 – Orchid Electronics, 1 – Berhringer Ultra – DI)
- 1 x Pioneer PD7300 CD Player
FLX S 48 Lighting Console.
Zero 88 Jester 48ML programmable desk, 48 channels.
Zero 88 dimmer packs (2×24) Chilli, Racks installed SR wing.
House Lights: 4 stage push button dimming (off 1-2 and full) from DSR & LX box.
Mirror Ball: 300mm Mirror Ball with 10-speed control, controlled in LX box.
Two Patt 36 spots focused on Ball, controlled from DSR.
Fairy Lights: rigged as a secondary House lighting system. Controlled by a Phillips Dim 1 fader from the Tech booth.
- 2 Doughty Tank Traps
- 1 lighting Training bar consisting of 2 uprights and one crossbar IWB
- 1 Alpha pack with 3 manual dimmers
- 1 – Swisson XSP-5B DMX splitter. 5 ways; (5 pin). Located onstage SR by the Chilli Dimmers
- 2 – 5 pin DMX to 3 pins XLR Convertor
- 2 – 3 pin XLR to 5-pin DMX convertor
- 4 – 10 Mtr DMX Cable (5 pin)
- 2 – 5 Mtr DMX Cable (5 Pin)
- 9 x Grelcoes
- 7 x 10 mtr lengths 15amp round pin TRS
- 4 x 6 mtr lengths 15amp round pin TRS
- 2 x 2 mtr lengths 15amp round pin TRS
Projector: Canon WUX 6010. 6200 Lumens. Ceiling Mounted, centre of Auditorium. 6 Metres from Screen.
Screen: hung midstage, 5.7 metre width, full drop Motorised, 3 metre (control switch SL wing).
HDMI input from LX box
HDMI input from SR
VGA convertors available, Male & Female
2 x HDMI to Thunderbolt Convertors available
1- HDMI Extender (3 Metre)
|Moving LIghts||Chauvet, Rogue 3||2|
|DMX Addresses||200 – 206|
|LED Pars||Colourdash, Par Quad 18||4|
|DMX Addresses||212 – 215 – 218 – 221|
|Profiles||Source 4, Jnr Zoom||8|
|650w, Freshnel, Yes||Colourtran, Lito||13||No|
|1KW PC, Yes||CCT Starlette||6||No|
|Profiles, Yes||500w Strand Minim||1||N/A|
Arc Bar3 LED lighting fixtures, 4 – RGB
DMX Addresses: 301 – 305 – 308 – 312
STAGE RIG/ AUDITORIUM RIG
3 Bars on stage lighting.
24 ways, 8 channels per bar.
DMX points on each bar.
There are 8 bars of lighting here as well.
24 channels, 8 per bar.
DMX points on each bar.
1 DMX point SR to the Tech box.
2 Cat 5 points leading to the Tech box.
A CAT 5 extension runs from the Tech box to the rear of the auditorium.
Multiple 13amp sockets situated on all sections of the stage & front of house.
Numerous 13 amp 4 way gang extensions available.
*Normally the theatre has a Generic rig set. This may change due to need. If you require a pre rig, please contact us to see if it is possible.
*The Marine Theatre stocks very little colour, it is best if you bring your own.
|APRON SL TO SR||6 METRES 75 CM|
|APRON FRONT TO PROS Line||1 METRE 45 CM|
|STAGE LEFT TO STAGE RIGHT||7 METRES 15 CM|
|UP STAGE TO DOWN STAGE PROS LINE||4 METRES 40 CM|
|STAGE RIGHT WING||1 METRE 50 CM*|
|STAGE LEFT WING||1 METRE 5 CM*|
|HEIGHT TO STAGE RIG||3 METRES 25CM|
|AUDITORIUM HEIGHT TO FOH BAR||4 METRES 15CM|
The stage is dressed with SL/SR blacks, allowing entrances & exits both up & down stage.
The back wall has a set of Blacks that is drawn on tabs to cover the whole wall.
There are a set of Blacks Midstage (2.6 metre from Pros), these are on tabs, and can be drawn closed at your need – Pulley mid SR.
There are legs mid stage left & right.
There is a set of heavy blue brocaded House tabs that can be closed by use of a manual pulley DSR.
Entrance to the stage can be made by doors, SL, SR & USC (USC tends to be difficult to use when the tabs are closed).
There is a full backstage crossover to all points.
The Projector screen is situated on the mid stage quadralite truss (6×3.5 Metre).
The tech booth is at the rear of the auditorium 6 metres from the front of the stage & 4 metres high. Entry to the booth is through the bar.
Basic Auditorium measerments can be found on:
*Appendix Map 4.
APPENDIX 1 – MAP (LOADING & PARKING)
Unloading and Parking
When you drive down into Lyme itself you will drive down Charmouth road and into Church St.
Church Street is quite a short road, so you will quickly come up on a set of traffic lights.
To the left of these lights is a road called LONG ENTRY. This is the road leading to the rear of the theatre.
Drive up the short road, there is a barrier at the top. This will be opened for your arrival.
Drive past this, and about 15 yards beyond you will see a set of steps. Stop here, you are at the rear of the theatre.
We will ensure the back doors are open, and you can unload here.
If there are other cars, we recommend that you park them in the long stay car park in Charmouth road. Getting into the front of the theatre is through a narrow archway, and difficult for any but small cars; there are no parking facilities there.