Many people remember the Marine Theatre as a unique Dorset wedding venue with breathtaking sea views from the large windows along the side of the auditorium.
As well as marriage ceremonies, couples hold their wedding receptions here. With capacity for up to 220 seated, 124 eating, and 330 standing, the auditorium is a fantastic space for weddings.
Perfect for smaller weddings and arrival drinks, there is a balcony bar with views of 95 miles of Jurassic coastline—the Marine is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We had an absolutely fantastic time at the Marine. The staff were so kind and helpful which really made everything run smoothly.Kate, Bride, December 2016
Food and drink
We have trusted food partners that we have worked with on many weddings, including our patron’s restaurant HIX Oyster & Fish House.
Please view our food partners here.
Couples are invited to a wine tasting, to make sure that there are the perfect drinks to accompany the wedding breakfast.
The whole Marine team worked perfectly together, always friendly and smiling! Nothing was ever too much trouble.Gill, Mother of the Bride, August 2016
On the ground floor, the auditorium seats 124 wedding guests for food. There is room for 330 people standing. Please see our wedding table layout options here. The stage provides an excellent space for speeches—as well as live music. With a wooden semi-sprung floor, the space is ideal for dancing at wedding receptions. We provide technical and lighting assistance for speeches and music.
There are two dressing rooms, two bars, an outside forecourt, stage, and backstage areas.
For further information and to arrange a viewing, please give us a call on 01297 442 394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounts are available for out of season and weekday weddings.
Wedding Venue Hire includes:
- hire of the venue on the wedding day (9 A.M.—1 A.M. ) including auditorium, stage, foyer, dressing rooms, two bars, and exterior forecourt
- access to decorate the theatre the day before (12—5 P.M.)
- access the day after (9 A.M.—12 noon)
- exclusive use of the fully staffed bar on the day
- a professional theatre technician to support throughout the wedding and reception (theatre lighting design and rig, sound, and technical set-up)
- use of theatre equipment (chairs, tables, lighting, PA system, microphone, projector and screens, fairy lights, mirror ball, and more)
- a wedding consultation
- wine-tasting for welcome drinks and Wedding Breakfast
For all enquiries please contact email@example.com
£3500 ~ Weekend reception and ceremony
£2995 ~ Weekend reception
£500 discount for weddings in October and November
£1000 discount for weddings in December and January
£500 discount for weekdays
(discount is not applied twice)