The Marine Theatre is a multi-arts venue mainly hosting music, comedy and film. The past year has seen the venue grow in reputation for quality events and is now offering an opportunity for a Bar Manager to join their strong team.
The venue has a variety of events throughout the week and weekends including weddings and private parties.
We have a vacancy for an experienced individual to take control of the running both theatre bars. We’re looking for someone to take the lead as the host of the theatre bar, deliver smooth running events and be a part of a growing venue. The Marine hosts regular events so hours will be flexible and shifts necessary.
- To promote a friendly, relaxing and professional environment, whilst ensuring all customers receive an exceptional first impression and efficient service.
- To work with brides and groom on their wedding day to ensure the smooth running of drinks service throughout the duration of their hire
- Maximise opportunities to increase sales
- Ensure the smooth running of all areas; preparing, serving and delivering our drink offer and maintaining Company Health and Safety without compromise.
- Accountable for your team and the standards of service and experience delivered. Oversee the general daily upkeep and opening and closing process
- Ensure staff training is up to date and consistent in both areas.
- Control costs through correct stock usage, storage, rotation, par stock levels maintained and minimise waste to meet with Company standards, achievable by carrying out monthly stock takes and actioning any discrepancies.
- Manage staff rotas and budgets
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to multi task and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a similar role
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Ability to organise and manage social events
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Flexible as unsociable hours are required.
- Bar Management experience is an advantage but not essential
Job Type: Flexible
Salary: £10 per hour
Because we serve alcohol, any Bar Manager is required to hold a personal alcohol licence. This means that if you are successful, soon after your appointment you will need to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, previously known as a CRB check.
Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV to Gabby Rabbitts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 5 June 2019, 5P.M.
The Marine Theatre, Lyme Regis is a 125 year old institution with a long history as a working arts venue providing a wide and diverse range of productions and events.
Our board has a rolling retirement cycle, as such we from time to time need new Trustees to join our management board, and we always welcome applications. We’re looking for applicants with various skill sets including media, community involvement, commerce, theatre, entertainment, IT, construction, and hotel management.
What would you gain from being a Trustee?
- A really fulfilling role in working to develop the Marine’s exciting location to its full potential while retaining its position at the heart of the vibrant community of Lyme Regis
- An opportunity to work with like-minded people to look at ‘outside the box ideas’ whilst ensuring the theatre builds financial strength.
- The satisfaction of being part of the renaissance of a much loved institution.
What would you need to provide as a Trustee?
- A positive attitude and a real desire to make a difference
- A willingness to contribute new ideas and to use your skill sets to help the Marine achieve its goals
- Attendance at our quarterly management board meetings
What’s your next step?
Contact me via email at email@example.com to arrange a meeting to discuss this opportunity.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Chair of Trustees
CASUAL BAR STAFF
We’re looking for friendly and hard-working bar staff to work at events. If you have good customer service skills and bar experience please contact Gabby Rabbitts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.