- MUSIC | JAZZ IN THE BAR: JAZZ GOES TO HOLLYWOOD | SUNDAY 24 FEBRUARY - Singer Heather Wensley guests in this special concert exploring Hollywood’s favourite jazz tunes Many classic jazz songs have been featured in Hollywood films and Broadway shows. This concert is a chance to soak up some of the glamour, while in our lovely bar overlooking Lyme Bay. Expect tunes like ‘Get Happy’ as originally performed by […]
- MUSIC | THE SUNDAY SESSIONS | SUNDAY 10 MARCH - A free entry post-roast music session in our lovely bar overlooking the Cobb This free-entry music session is the Marine’s regular event to promote the best local musicians. Come down after your Sunday Lunch and enjoy a pint of local brew and read the papers while listening to some charming acts. This edition is hosted […]
- MUSIC | JAZZ IN THE BAR: TERRY QUINNEY PLAYS STAN GETZ | SUNDAY 24 MARCH - This concert is dedicated to the music of multi-Grammy winning Stan Getz, who played with the biggies – Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, and Gerry Mulligan. American jazz saxophonist Stan Getz was known as “the Sound” because of his warm, lyrical tone, his prime influence being the wispy, mellow timbre of his idol, Lester Young. Getz […]
- MUSIC | JAZZ IN THE BAR: CELEBRATING MILES DAVIS | SUNDAY 28 APRIL - Miles Davis was an American jazz trumpeter who became one of the most influential and acclaimed figures in the history of jazz. Pioneering the bebop style alongside Charlie Parker, Davis went on to record the seminal album ‘Kind of Blue’ and continued being an artistic innovator throughout his life. Sam Massey will be performing […]
- MUSIC | JAZZ IN THE BAR WITH LYNN THORNTON | SUNDAY 30 JUNE - A 1930s tinged special of our jazz night, starring the vocalist from Just Misbehavin’ Singer Lynn Thornton has sung with many blues, gospel and soul groups. Her own band, Just Misbehavin’ features pianist Paul Barnham, who will be accompanying her. She uses her incredible vocal range and technique to create exciting interpretations of songs and […]
The Marine Theatre Bar opens an hour before every show (except daytime family shows).
We serve local beers, ales, wines, spirits and cocktails.
The Bar is located on the first floor of the theatre. Our roomy balcony offers panoramic views to the Cobb and Golden Cap, while inside, you can look down onto the stage and auditorium below.
We hire out our cosy quirky bar for party, meetings and events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more